I have over 30 years of experience in the field of counseling. My work focuses on helping individuals reveal clarity and purpose in their lives; while stimulating a sense of understanding, context, and groundedness.
I work with individuals struggling with depression/anxiety, relationship issues, work issues, and family issues.
In addition, I have extensive expertise in providing support and counseling for individuals and families who are in the process of caring for their aging relatives. Individuals encountering the new role of “the caregiver” often report feeling significant levels of anxiety and uncertainty. With my extensive experience in working in the health care sector and with its community partners, I provide my clients with a number of services including::
- support and guidance in navigating the complex health and social services system;
- decision-making support around issues of health care and activities of daily living;
- understanding their parents’ rights and their rights as caregivers through clarification of issues related to capacity and consent;
- advice on eldercare abuse and neglect;
- contingency planning
- advice about long-term care or retirement home;
- support to families living at a distance from their aging relatives;
- managing and resolving family conflict;
- therapeutic support to caregivers experiencing stress and burnout, coping with grief and loss, or dealing with anxiety and depression.