Faced with the current stressful situation surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want you to know that we care deeply about the well-being of our clients and our community. As such, we are taking recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada and provincial health authorities very seriously and are following their advisories closely.
Currently, our offices remain open. We understand that this may change at any time and should this happen we will do our best to communicate this in a timely fashion. We are also working to be able to continue to provide most services remotely.
What we are currently doing:
1-Cleanliness: We are taking extra measures with our cleaning protocols, wiping down frequently used surfaces such as doorknobs, bathrooms, etc. We ask that all clients and guests practice frequent washing of hands or use of hand sanitizer. We will be washing our hands thoroughly between each client.
2- Social distancing: We will not be shaking hands and will generally be limiting our physical contact with clients and keeping an appropriate physical distance.
3- Access to the Centre: Currently, we are asking that clients self-screen and attend the centre as scheduled unless they:
– Have symptoms of any respiratory illness, including, but not limited to cough or fever
– Have come into contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19
– Are unable to attend due to childcare or other obligations
– Have traveled outside the country. Current regulations require all travellers to self-quarantine for 14 days
In order to allow us to provide service as scheduled to as many clients as possible, we request that you please:
– Inform us of any suspected exposure before your visit to the centre so that we might keep others safe
– Inform us with as much notice as possible if you would prefer a phone or video session
– Cancel sessions with as much notice as possible if you or your family member is ill, or if you are otherwise unable to attend because of quarantine
4- Cancellation policy: We are lifting our cancellation policy. If you or someone you know feels unwell, we invite you to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
5 – Phone and videoconferencing. We are offering the option to hold sessions by telephone or video conferencing.
These practices may change at any time as we learn of new recommendations by Public Health.